Prevention is always better than a cure – and never more so than with creepy-crawly worms. Deworming your family has become a lot easier and more affordable, but staying free of these pesky parasites is definitely first prize.
Here are 8 ways to protect your family from getting infected:
- Keep children’s fingernails short and clean to keep dirt containing worm eggs from getting lodged under their nails.
- Stop your pets from spreading worms to the family by putting them on a parasite control programme from your vet.
- Wash your hands before handling food.
- Wash all fruit, salads and vegetables before use.
- Rinse all meats before preparing them for cooking.
- Make sure your children wash their hands with soap and clean water after using the toilet.
- Do not drink water that may be dirty.
- Wear shoes to stop worms entering through the feet.
In the interest of our patients, in accordance with SA law and our commitment to expertise, MediHub cannot subscribe to the practice of online diagnosis. Please consult a medical professional for specific medical advice. If you have any major concerns, please see your doctor for an assessment. If you have any cause for concern, your GP will be able to direct you to the appropriate specialists.