CMM is a 100% owned factory of Cipla Ltd (India) and derives direct benefit from the pharmaceutical manufacturing expertise and technologies that Cipla has garnered over the last 75 years. It brings world class, flexible, contract manufacturing solutions to South Africa.
Situated in Durban, CMM is one of South Africa’s largest pharmaceutical manufacturing plants that is approved by both the RSA’s Medicines Control Council (MCC/PIC’s) and the Ghana FDA. The factory headed by a strong and experienced management team is fully equipped to offer all pharmaceutical companies a world class, high volume manufacturing solution for oral solid dosage formulations. Customers can be assured of the benefit of leveraging our competitive advantage and strong buying power when sourcing raw and packaging materials.
The facility is uniquely designed in that there is physical segregation between the stores, primary and secondary processing areas. This minimises the risk of cross contamination and ensures uni-directional material flow. All incoming materials (raw materials, primary and secondary material) and finished goods are received and housed in dedicated stores that are temperature and humidity controlled.
Unique design and capabilities,.
from start to finish
Turnkey manufacturing, packaging and testing solution for all solid dosage formulations.
The manufacturing division is fully equipped for wet granulation (including effervescent granules), direct compression (including hard gelatine capsules), high speed tabletting and aqueous & solvent coating. The unit has :
- Dispensaries, each with uni-directional airflow units
- Wet granulation suites equipped with a range of rapid mix granulators, fluid bed equipment, sieves and mills
- Effervescent manufacturing suite equipped with planetary mixer and tray drying ovens
- Blending suites housing octagonal blenders (Blender capacities – 800ℓ to 2250ℓ,)
- High speed compression machines and an encapsulation machine
- Coating suites with high-tech coaters capable of handling solvent, aqueous and sugar coating
Qualified Professional Team
CMM’s 300-strong staff complement is headed by a strong management team experienced in international manufacturing practices. A full engineering support team is on site to maintain the state of the art equipment and ensure continuous machine operation and minimize downtimes through an extensive preventive maintenance program.
A highly skilled team of qualified professionals across all areas and departments ensure that quality assurance, quality systems, technology transfer and manufacturing processes are maintained at international standards.
- Blister packing with cartonator (PVC, PVC/PVDC, Alu/Alu)
- Patient Ready Packs (LDPE foil laminate)
- Round HDPE bottle filling & induction cap, labelling with cartonator
- Round glass bottle filling with cartonator
- Sachet filling for powder and granules
- Bulk Packaging
Dedicated Tech Transfer Team
The state of the art QC lab is fully equipped with stability ovens, HPLC’s , dissolution baths, GC, FTIR, UV & AA spectrophotometer, autoclaves and incubators can handle all chemical & microbiological analysis and post importation testing.